Monday, September 2, 2013

Skyscraper



I’m living in a world where stars are used to shine
Whispering and lying you’ll always be just mine;
I look at them astonished, with fear in my heart
And all my thoughts are rushing, tearing me apart.

I feel the cold blood pumping nervously through my veins
As I try to make your heart surrender in front of my brains;
But it’s a lost battle, as I knew from the start,
You are nothing, but the one who gets to my heart.

It’s getting harder everyday and at times it drives me insane,
But love is not the ocean of pain, as they used to say,
Neither a gift, nor an ephemeral flower,
It’s the very me that lives in you, the love disguised in an infinite tower;

It gets brighter everyday,
Higher and higher
Making me unwillingly long for
This essential desire.

No comments:

Post a Comment